Saturday, May 1, 2010

Final touches

So we got a one week extension on the Flash project. I was already finished in time for the original date but the extension has given me the opportunity to tweak my animation a little bit.

I tweaked the arms where I was unhappy...it turns out that the reason my nested arm animation wouldn't play is some funny business with the layers so I just put that little bit on a different layer and referred it to the right nested frame and it worked. Go me! Haha.

I also played around with the optimizing and smoothing tools. It made a little bit of a difference but I think it would work wonders for the outline of lined characters.

And other than that I just fixed up some things that John suggested like the feet for 3/4 view in the turn-around and making the inside of her mouth darker instead of the light pink which actually looks much better.

For the next assignment I'll post more pictures and stuff of my progress.

Oh and I also finally got around to getting out the book 'Hollywood 2D Digital Animation' and it is great...so much more in depth than the other one I read. It covers everything about Flash animation and character design and even how to do cool special effects. I think it will definitely help with the final project. I'd really like to challenge myself and learn a lot more about Flash and animating in it.

So now that the last assignment is finished it is on to brainstorming for the final one! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment