Saturday, March 6, 2010

The beginning

This is my first entry for this blog that will be filled with my discoveries in animation, ideas and progress for projects and various other bits and pieces.

I'm in my second year of doing a Bachelor of Animation at Griffith's QCA and this looks like a very exciting year indeed!

I'll mainly be focussing on the stuff I learn in 2D and Alternative Techniques this semester. I'm am so excited about this course, I think I'll be learning so much. The first part of the course we're doing experimental animation, and on Friday we learnt all about cut-outs, sand animation, paint animation and various other mediums and techniques that people have experimented with. It totally got my mind jogging and now I can't stop thinking about what I'll be doing for my first project.

I've already decided what soundtrack I'll be using and this is making me even more excited. I play a bit of guitar and write songs and I'm getting a friend to help me define one of my songs so that we can record it and use it. It will help me get more of a focus on the "story/message" of my experimental piece and hopefully help to create emotion in my audience.

I have also brainstormed different materials I can use. Buttons, water colour, foil, string/wool, coffee, hands, cut out pictures. I think it would be great to combine a range of different materials to experiment with. One I would especially like to try out is coffee. It probably sounds weird but it would be cool because it's grainy like sand but you can also wet it and play around with it when it's a liquid.

So that's where I'm up to so far in my experimental project. I'm going to spend the next week working on the song for this experimental animation piece and also experiment with different mediums and do some little tests.

Signing out!


No comments:

Post a Comment